Read & Write Thai Course
Learn Thai script and lots of Thai conversation
Course Aims :
The Read & Write Thai course has been developed to help individuals to learn the Thai alphabet, reading and writing system, grammar, sentences and general conversation.
“Learn Thai script in order to fully understand Thai language” Jiab, Head Teacher
Please Note : For most people it is easier to learn Thai scripts if you already understand Thai sounds and are able to distinguish Thai tones, similar to how a child develops language skills, speak first and write later. The transliteration system we use in our Speak Thai Course relates to our reading and writing course in order to help you to progress from speaking Thai to reading and writing Thai.
Starting skills : Who is it for?
✓ Suitable for students who have completed Thai Style’s Speak Thai Course
✓ Individuals who already have a good understanding of the language and able to speak basic Thai
✓ You may choose to learn our Reading & Writing Thai course alongside our Speak Thai course to develop conversation skills at the same time. Read more about our Speak, Read & Write course option.
There is no ‘one size fit all’ method to learn any language so we have no set duration to learn a Thai Style course. You can learn at your own pace.
- No Limit, learn for as long as you need and book lessons at a time and location to suit you
- The average student will complete the speak Thai course in between 60-100 hours private tuition
Course Outline :
6 stages / 70 chapters; View the complete short Thai course outline here
Enrolment Fee : What do you get?
✓ Lifetime access to learning materials via a personal online learning space
✓ Learn with any trained Thai Style teacher in the UK, Thailand or Online
✓ Receive support from Thai Style throughout your learning experience
✓ You can change teacher at any point during the course
Tuition Fee :
✓ Pay your teacher directly for their time and hard work
✓ Pay as you go or bulk buy tuition for a discount
✓ Please Note; Thai Style does not take any commission from teacher tuition fees
Private Tuition : (one to one)
One to One tuition with your teacher to get personal feedback
1. Enrolment Fee : £80 One off payment to Thai Style
2. Tuition Fee : Pay your teacher £12 per hour
Group Tuition : (2 – 4 students)
Start learning with a group of friends and save money on your enrolment and tuition fees
1. Group Enrolment Fee : One off payment to Thai Style
- 2 students : £69.50 per person
- 3 students : £59.66 per person
- 4 students : £52.50 per person
2. Tuition Fee : Pay your teacher £20 per hour per group
Optional Workbooks :
1. When you sign up to learn a Thai Style course you can download and print the learning materials from your Student Hub Page for no extra cost.
2. If you want to save on printing costs, you can also purchase the workbooks which are colour A4 size and cost only £15 each. There are 3 workbooks for the Read & Write Thai course.
Learning materials :
Different materials are provided to help you learn effectively with your teacher and in your spare time. The modern learning materials have been recently developed specially for private tuition.
1. Written Materials : To learn with your teacher
✓ 70 structured chapters help you to learn step-by-step with your teacher
✓ Clear explanations give you a complete overview of the Thai language
✓ Learn to read and write Thai letters : consonants, vowels, final consonants, tone marks, language symbols and Thai numbers
✓ Learn to use different types of letters to form a syllable/word
✓ Learn to read and write sentences in everyday conversation
✓ Logical and easy to follow modules will be adapted to suit every individual
View example written materials here.
2. Audio Materials : High quality & great for your MP3 Player
✓ Over 10 hours of practice and homework audio
✓ Follow the written materials with practice audio and complete audio homework tasks
✓ Listen online or download to your computer or MP3 Player
✓ The audio helps you develop listening skills as well as remind you the pronunciation, tone(s) and meaning of Thai letters and Thai words
✓ Dialogue audio helps you listen to how Thai people speak
✓ A male and female Thai speaker help you to hear the difference between a feminine and masculine voice
View example audio materials here.
3. Self Study : To help you practise after your lessons
Written and audio self study materials help you practise and improve essential skills in learning to read and write Thai scripts;
✓ Listening and pronunciation (Audio tasks)
✓ Vocabulary and structure accuracy (Written and audio tasks)
✓ Function / Grammar (Written tasks)
✓ Fluency (Written tasks)
✓ Principles (Written tasks)
View example audio and written learning materials here.
Study objective :
✓ Reading and writing ; Thai consonants, vowels, tone marks, language symbols and Thai numbers
✓ Grammar ; Reading and writing system, the combinations of syllables and words, tone modulation system
✓ Pronunciation ; Letters, tones, syllables and words
✓ Vocabulary ; Simple words to complicated words
✓ Conversation skills ; Speaking Thai during the class with your teacher
✓ Understand the rules of the Thai alphabet
✓ Be able to read and write Thai correctly
Lesson plan :
- Each chapter can be taught in 1 – 2 hours depending on each individual
- We advise learners attend one or two lessons per week
- Practise after your lessons with the written and audio self study materials
- Your lesson are flexible, pay your teacher pro rata and learn for 1 – 2 hours
- Try to leave 2 or 3 days between lessons to give youself time to practice and consolidate new skills
For beginners, the best way to learn Thai is like a child growing up. Learn how to speak before you read and write.
1. Learn to make Thai sounds and tones to pronounce Thai words correctly
2. Use repetition to help you memorize until you can differentiate different sounds and tones
3. Practise listening until you can distinguish Thai sounds and tones
4. Build up lots of vocabulary and understand Thai language structure
5. Learn how to make simple and complicated sentences
6. Practise conversation with your teacher to help you speak naturally
7. Learn to read and write Thai step-by-step : Consonant, vowel, final consonant, tone marks, tone modulation system, language symbols and Thai numbers.
You may choose to learn our Reading & Writing Thai course alongside our Speak Thai course to develop conversation skills at the same time. Read more about our Speak, Read & Write course option.
Our speak Thai course uses a new and unique system we have developed to teach you how to speak Thai language using the English alphabet and a trained teacher. Read More about our transliteration / phonetic system.
Getting Started :
1. Find a Teacher | 2. Choose a Course | 3. Start Here
We have made it as easy as possible to get started and learn with any Thai Style teacher. After you sign up you will receive login details and teacher contact information via email so you can access the learning materials and contact your teacher to arrange a free trial lesson. You can then start learning and we are here to support you throughout your learning experience.
We love Thai language, we want to help you learn. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.