Short Thai Course
A great way to start speaking Thai
Course Aims :
Understand about the basics of Thai language ; pronunciation ; basic vocabulary, basic grammar, principles, culture, manners and characteristics of Thais. The short course is an affordable first step to start learning Thai with a local teacher and a great option for individuals who are just starting and want to try learning a little before learning a lot.
“With a good understanding of the principles of Thai and how to use the materials you will find it much easier to learn Thai” Jiab, Head Teacher
Starting skills : Who is it for?
✓ Suitable for complete beginners
✓ Individuals who want to learn some Thai for travelling or holiday purposes
There is no ‘one size fit all’ method to learn any language so we have no set duration to learn a Thai Style course. You can learn at your own pace.
- No Limit, learn for as long as you need and book lessons at a time and location to suit you
- The average student will complete the speak Thai course in between 10-20 hours private tuition
Course Outline :
1 stages / 10 chapters; View the complete short Thai course outline here
Enrolment Fee : What do you get?
✓ Lifetime access to learning materials via a personal online learning space
✓ Learn with any trained Thai Style teacher in the UK, Thailand or Online
✓ Receive support from Thai Style throughout your learning experience
✓ You can change teacher at any point during the course
Tuition Fee :
✓ Pay your teacher directly for their time and hard work
✓ Pay as you go or bulk buy tuition for a discount
✓ Please Note; Thai Style does not take any commission from teacher tuition fees
Private Tuition : (one to one)
One to One tuition with your teacher to get personal feedback
1. Enrolment Fee : £39 One off payment to Thai Style
2. Tuition Fee : Pay your teacher £12 per hour
Group Tuition : (2 – 4 students)
Start learning with a group of friends and save money on your enrolment and tuition fees
1. Group Enrolment Fee : One off payment to Thai Style
- 2 students : £29.50 per person
- 3 students : £26.33 per person
- 4 students : £24.75 per person
2. Tuition Fee : Pay your teacher £20 per hour per group
Optional Workbooks :
1. When you sign up to learn a Thai Style course you can download and print the learning materials from your Student Hub Page for no extra cost.
2. If you want to save on printing costs, you can also purchase the workbooks which are colour A4 size and cost only £15 each. There is 1 workbook for Short Thai course.
Learning materials :
Different materials are provided to help you learn effectively with your teacher and in your spare time. The modern learning materials have been recently developed specially for private tuition.
1. Written Materials : To learn with your teacher
✓ 10 structured chapters help you to learn step-by-step with your teacher
✓ Clear explanations give you a complete overview of the Thai language
✓ Learn lots of vocabulary, sentence structure and conversation skills as well as Thai culture, history and the principles of Thai language
✓ Very logical and easy to follow modules will be adapted to suit every individual
View example written materials here.
2. Audio Materials : High quality & great for your MP3 Player
✓ Over 5 hours of practice and homework audio
✓ Follow the written materials with practice audio and complete audio homework tasks
✓ Listen online or download to your computer or MP3 Player
✓ The audio helps you develop listening skills as well as remind you the pronunciation, tone(s) and meaning of every new word
✓ Dialogue audio helps you listen to how Thai people speak
✓ A male and female Thai speaker help you to hear the difference between a feminine and masculine voice
View example audio materials here.
3. Self Study : To help you practise after your lessons
Written and audio self study materials are separated into 5 parts to help you practise and improve essential skills in learning a language;
✓ Listening and pronunciation (Audio tasks)
✓ Vocabulary and structure accuracy (Written and audio tasks)
✓ Function / Grammar (Written tasks)
✓ Fluency (Written tasks)
✓ Principles (Written tasks)
View example audio and written learning materials here.
Study objective :
✓ Thai pronunciation ; consonant sounds, vowel sounds, final consonant sounds, tones, pronunciation of different types of words
✓ Principles of Thai language ; a short history of Thai language, dialects, English in Thai language, types of words, etc.
✓ Basic Vocabulary used in everyday conversation
✓ Basic Grammar to make a basic sentence correctly
✓ Basic Conversation skills used in everyday life
✓ Understand about the main principles of Thai language ; pronunciation ; lots of vocabulary, grammar, culture, manners and characteristics of Thais
✓ Students are able to speak basic Thai conversations used in everyday life
Lesson plan :
- Each chapter can be taught in 1 – 2 hours depending on each individual
- We advise learners attend one or two lessons per week
- Practise after your lessons with the written and audio self study materials
- Your lesson are flexible, pay your teacher pro rata and learn for 1 – 2 hours
- Try to leave 2 or 3 days between lessons to give youself time to practice and consolidate new skills
For beginners, the best way to learn Thai is like a child growing up. Learn how to speak before you read and write.
1. Learn to make Thai sounds and tones to pronounce Thai words correctly
2. Use repetition to help you memorize until you can differentiate different sounds and tones
3. Practise listening until you can distinguish Thai sounds and tones
4. Build up lots of vocabulary and understand Thai language structure
5. Learn how to make simple and complicated sentences
6. Practise conversation with your teacher to help you speak naturally
7. When you feel ready you may choose to upgrade and continue learning stage 2 and stage 3. You can also sign up for our Read & Write Thai course to incorporate learning Thai scripts and further your understanding and fluency of Thai language
Our speak Thai course uses a new and unique system we have developed to teach you how to speak Thai language using the English alphabet and a trained teacher. Read More about our transliteration / phonetic system.
Getting Started :
We have made it as easy as possible to get started and learn with any Thai Style teacher. After you sign up you will receive login details and teacher contact information via email so you can access the learning materials and contact your teacher to arrange a free trial lesson. You can then start learning and we are here to support you throughout your learning experience.
We love Thai language, we want to help you learn. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.