Thai Style Terms & Conditions
1. In accessing Thai Style, you agree to do so only for your own personal, non-commercial use and in accordance with these Terms.
2. Thai Style is owned and operated by Tom and Supapan Lane with its registered office address at 14 Brunswick Square, Brighton, Sussex, BN3 1EH. Please read the Terms carefully as they set out your rights and obligations and the terms on which we make Thai Style available to you.
3. Visitors to Thai Style just wishing to view content do not need to register. However, any use of Thai Style (including, but not limited to, viewing content) constitutes your acceptance of these Terms, which takes effect the moment you first use Thai Style. If these Terms are not accepted in full, you should not access Thai Style and should stop using Thai Style immediately. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time by posting changes online and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with the most up to date Terms on accessing Thai Style’s website. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the Terms as modified.
4. Unless otherwise stated, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, store (including in any other website), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify in any way any of Thai Style’s material or content (including other Contributions or any advertising or sponsorship) or permit or assist any third party to do the same.
5. You agree to only use Thai Style for lawful purposes, in a manner which does not improperly infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, Thai Style by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, but is not limited to, conduct which is libellous, in breach of anyone’s privacy or which may harass, cause real distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or interruption of the normal flow of dialogue within the Site.
6. The Site may include links to third party web sites (“Third Party Sites”) from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible for the availability of the Third Party Sites and will not be responsible or liable for any content or services from the Third Party Sites. Your accessing of the Third Party Sites is at your own discretion and risk.
Registration and Membership
1. If you would like to upload material to the Site, interact with the Site including participating in the forums or blogs or setting up a profile, you must register and become a Site member (“Member”). As part of this you will be asked to “accept” these Terms and, on doing so, you will be deemed to have consented to and will be bound by these Terms and conditions. Should you wish to do any shopping on the Site, you will be required to accept and be bound by the Shopping Terms.
2. When you register as a Member, you will be given a password to access restricted and copyrighted materials. You are not permitted to give out or publish login information. We will regulary update and change login details to prevent such issues.
3. You accept it is your sole responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and you are responsible for all activity that occurs under this. We are unable to check the identity of people acting as Members or using Members’ areas and will not be liable where your password is used by someone else.
4. You should make sure you are the only person using your password and you agree to notify us of any unauthorised use of your password and any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of it.
5. If you use any functionality this Site makes available that allows people to contact you or leave comments, you are accepting these may be abusive, untrue or unpleasant. Please be careful when using any messaging and do not reveal personal information such as your home or work contact details, your last name or where you live.
6. You agree and confirm that if registering as a Member, you are 18 or over and all information provided by you to us is accurate, true and up to date in all respects and at all times. Under no circumstances may a minor under the age of 13 register as a Member, or submit personal information or other content to the Site.
7. Where there are any other restrictions or eligibility requirements, these will be set out on the Site. We reserve the right for ask for written proof of age or eligibility from you. If we discover or suspect that you do not comply with the age requirements, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Membership immediately.
8. We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site or any part of it (including the availability of any features of the Site) at any time and without notice or liability to you. We are entitled to suspend or terminate your Membership or access to any part of the Site at any time if you breach the Terms or for technical reasons.
1. “Contribution” includes all content provided to the Site or uploaded to the Site by Members i.e. forum or blog entries, videos, clips, pictures, recipes, reviews, comments, data posting and all other user generated material, which will be stored in a database by us.
2. You agree and guarantee that any Contribution you provide or upload is original to you and does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any other person. You must obtain any consent necessary for you to provide the Contribution to us. You agree and confirm that all facts expressed by you in any Contribution are true to the best of your knowledge and belief and, if your Contribution contains opinions, these are your own and genuinely and truly held by you; and that nothing in your Contribution will include an advertisement for your business or products; that nothing in the Contribution will infringe the copyright or any other right of any person, breach any contract or duty of confidence, be defamatory, obscene or sexually oriented, abusive, vulgar, offensive, indecent, harassing, threatening, breach anyone’s privacy or may constitute a contempt of court or break any applicable laws or be calculated to bring us or any other person into disrepute; and that all Contributions will comply with any additional Terms or requirements on the Site and you will at all times comply with the Terms. You also confirm that if you have posted a recipe, it is your own recipe and will not cause any harm to anyone.
3. We do not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Contribution. As such, you retain all ownership rights and, although we will be able to use the Contribution as set out in these Terms, you will also have the right to use your Contribution in any way you choose. Where a Contribution is to be acquired this will be made clear on the Site and you will then be able to choose whether to provide a particular Contribution on that basis.
4. Please note that we do not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for use in our programmes, any website including the Site, publications, other media or businesses. We are not responsible for the similarity of any of our content or programming to any media or materials or ideas transmitted to the Site. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and that you are waiving any claim against us or any of our subsidiaries regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if a material or an idea is substantially similar to the idea you submitted.
5. Where we do not own the Contribution, you agree that we may (and third parties authorised by us) make any and all Contributions available on the Site and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and/or publishing and that Contributions may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. You now grant us (and third parties authorised by us) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Contribution) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Contribution for such purposes.
6. Whether or not we own the Contribution, you grant us (and third parties authorised by us) the right to issue publicity concerning the Contribution and any material or service in which it may be included, and for such purpose to use and reproduce your name and photograph if we wish (where these have been provided to us) and your Contribution.
7. We do not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Contribution. Any Contribution may be rejected by us and may be edited, moderated or deleted at its absolute discretion. We reserve the right not to accept any Contribution that is not in English or Thai and cannot be moderated. All decisions are final and we will not enter into any discussions or correspondence about why a Contribution has been rejected.
8. We may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, remove or disable access to a Contribution that appears to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. it infringes the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, is defamatory etc. or for any other reason. In relation to all reviews and comments posted on the Site, you consent to us editing such reviews to ensure compliance with the Terms.
9. We may retain other Contributions even if they are not published. You agree, however, that we have no obligation to keep originals or copies of any Contribution or to return this to you or remove this from the Site on termination of your Membership.
10. If we terminate your Membership, your Contributions (if any) will remain on the Site – please contact us with details of any Contribution you would like to be removed and we will try to remove this.
Other Content and Complaints
1. Although we ask all Members to submit Contributions that comply with the Terms, you acknowledge that Contributions supplied by other Members may include material you consider offensive or objectionable. We assume no responsibility or liability for such Contributions and, as the Contributions are created by other members, it does not represent our views. You are solely responsible for your interaction with Members.
2. If you become aware of any misuse of the Site or wish to complain about any Contribution or material or believe any of your rights have been violated e.g. copyright infringed, you have been defamed etc., you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Nature of your complaint and location within the Site of the particular content or Member.
b. For copyright disputes, identification of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed and a statement that you have a good-faith belief the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law and that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or are authorised to act on behalf of the owner.
c. Your name, address, telephone number and email address and such other information as we may reasonably request.
Availability of The Site and Liability
1. The Site, Contributions and information, images, logos and content relating to the Site, products and services (or to third party products and services), are provided ‘AS IS’ and on an ‘AS AVAILABLE’ basis without any representation, endorsement or warranty of any kind, including but not limited to implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
2. We will endeavour to provide the Site using all reasonable care and will use reasonable efforts to make the Site available to you at all times. However you acknowledge that the Site is provided over the internet and so the quality and availability of the Site may be affected by factors that are outside our reasonable control such as technical faults in your ISP’s and/or telecommunication providers’ network/service. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, providers, computer equipment or software, or failure of any email to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website (or any combination of these things).
3. We make no guarantees that the Site will be available, uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Except as required by law, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by: (a) interruption or delay to the Site or errors, viruses or bugs contained in the Site caused by events outside our reasonable control; (b) your negligence, your breach of the Terms or failure to follow our reasonable instructions; (c) any incompatibility of the Site with any other software or material on your equipment; (d) any unauthorised use of the Site; or (e) any other factor that is outside our reasonable control.
4. Content, information and other material on the Site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of these or the reliability of any information displayed or distributed through the Site (including provided through any software), save as set out specifically in the Shopping Terms. You acknowledge that reliance on any such information shall be at your sole risk. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any part of the Site and to make changes to the Site and to the materials, products, programs, services, content or prices described in the Site at any time without notice.
5. We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered though use of the Site. In no event will we or any of our third party affiliates be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether in action of contract, negligence or other action, including (but not limited to) damages for loss of use of the Site, damage to equipment or other software, or loss of data or profits or for other monetary loss or for any indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use (or inability to use) or performance of the Site. In addition, in no event shall we or any licensors or third party affiliates be liable for any unauthorised use of the Site.
6. These exclusions do not apply to death or personal injury caused by our negligence and only apply to the extent permitted by law. This does not affect your statutory rights.
In accessing Thai Style services and attending classes with an appointed student/teacher, you agree to do so only for your own personal use and in accordance with the following liability statement;
1. In consideration for registering as a learner or teacher with Thai Style Language Co. Ltd, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Thai Style Language Co. Ltd, their officers, agents, sub-contractors, students/teachers, or employees (hereinafter referred to as Thai Style) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, or any third party persons, clients or students or their property, while participating in such activity, while travelling to, or in, on or upon the premises where the activities are being conducted, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LOSS IS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THAI STYLE, or otherwise and regardless of whether such liability arises in tort, contract, strict liability, or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
2. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with the activities of learning/teaching Thai language, and I am aware that such activities include the risk of injury and even death, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activities, knowing that the activities may be hazardous to my property and me and my students/teachers. I understand that Thai Style does not require me to participate in this activity. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage, or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or my students/teachers, or any loss or damage to property owned by me or my students/teachers, as a result of being engaged in such an activities, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THAI STYLE or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law
3. I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THAI STYLE from any loss, liability, damage, or costs, including court costs and attorneys’ fees that Thai Style may incur due to my participation in said activities, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE THAI STYLE or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
4. It is my express intent that this Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the local laws to where I am located. Any portion of this document deemed unlawful or unenforceable is severable and shall be stricken without any effect on the enforceability of the remaining provisions.
WHEN REGISTERING ON WWW.LEARNTHAISTYLE.COM AND ADDING MY DIGITAL SIGNATURE, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Wavier of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
Intellectual Property Rights Including Copyright
1. The names, images and logos identifying Thai Style and any products and services are proprietary marks of our organisation. Nothing in the Terms shall be construed as conferring to you any licence or right under any intellectual property right of all the above parties unless expressly stated otherwise.
3. Any products and services on the Site are subject to availability and are available at our sole discretion.
1. The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes arising from the Site or Terms will be decided only by the English courts.
2. We make no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use at locations other than the UK and Republic of Ireland and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Site outside of the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
3. If any of the Terms are held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities (including legal fees) relating to or arising from your use and/or Membership or arising from any breach or suspected breach of the Terms by you or your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
5. We can transfer its rights and obligations under the Terms to any company, firm or person provided this does not affect your rights under the Terms. You may not transfer or assign your rights or obligations under the Terms to anyone else and your Membership is personal to you.
6. Unlimited freelance teacher allocation is subject to a fair usage policy. Allocation of teachers will be restricted if you are deemed to be unfairly requesting or over using our unlimited policy without good reason. Allocation of new teachers will be granted by the webmaster and it is their decision, based on past requests and client information, to restrict access.
7. Registration on a course provides access to available teachers for the sole purpose of learning the course materials provided by Thai Style Language.Co. Ltd. Access to teachers may be restricted if we deem registered users are utilising access for anything other than the intended purpose.
1. In order to provide you with the full range of services on the Site, we are sometimes required to collect information about you. We will use any personal information collected from the Site in accordance with all laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal data including the Data Protection Act 1998 (as may be amended) (the “Data Protection Act”). Further details on the Data Protection Act can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website informationcommissioner.gov.uk
2. Personal information you are asked to supply during your use of the Site including that you supply voluntarily as part of the registration process and any other information relating to your Contributions (“Your Data”), will be used by us, service providers and other organisations and by subcontractors, employees, agents and advisors (including legal advisors) as follows: (i) to administer your Membership; (ii) in making decisions about whether any Contributions you seek to upload onto the Site should be accepted, rejected or used; (iii) for marketing purposes; and/or (iv) as set out on the Site or the Terms. In addition, we may at our discretion disclose this information to the police, regulatory bodies or any legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms by you or otherwise where required by law.
3. You may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use your details, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings in any publicity.
4. Your Data supplied as part of your Membership profile will, unless we tell you otherwise, be able to be seen by other users of the Site so make sure you only provide information you are happy to be seen in this way. You can control some of the information other users see by contacting Thai Style.
6. The information collected on the Site includes:
a. Users’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which are automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet and are used by us to observe users’ interest in this Site (number of visits, etc).
b. Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer or other device and used to track user navigation around a website. Session cookies are also used to store information on which content, including advertisements, have been seen by a user. Some areas of the Site also use persistent cookies which are permanently stored on the users’ computer. We will use such cookies to identify unique users to the Site. They are not cross-referenced with any other information such that an individual person could be identified.
c. Cookies also allow us to make our site more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Site.
7. We currently contract with several online partners to help manage and optimize our internet business and communications. We use the services of marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use the Site. To do this, we may use Web beacons and cookies provided by our marketing company on the Site. The type of information we collect includes content viewed, pages, site sections and videos. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. Although our marketing companies log the information coming from the Site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used and the marketing companies do not have access to your personal data such that you can be personally identified.
9. Disabling/Enabling Cookies – users have the ability to accept or disable cookies by modifying the settings in their browser. Disabling cookies however may mean that some functionality of the Site may be affected. For further directions on how to disable cookies please click here for the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s guidelines: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html
10. There are opportunities on the website to receive e-mail communications alerting you to news and offers from us as fully explained before you subscribe. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by replying to the email with your request.
12. If you are 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide personal information on the Site.
13. We will hold your Data and Contributions for as long as is necessary and reasonably required for the relevant service or purpose.
In addition to the terms above
1. Seller and Customer
2. Order process and registration
2.1 Our display of services and products on our website is an invitation to treat and not an offer to sell those goods to you.
2.2 An offer is made when you place the order for your goods. However we will not have made a contract with you unless and until we accept your offer (as set out in paragraph 2.5 below).
2.3 Goods are subject to availability. If we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given if you have already paid for the goods.
2.4 If you provide us with a correct e-mail address we will send you an order acknowledgement e-mail. This email does not constitute either a confirmation of the order or acceptance by us of the order.
2.5 Unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it, order acceptance and the existence of the contract between you and us will take place when the goods you have ordered are dispatched to the address you have given us. It does not take place until such time that we dispatch your order, regardless of whether we may have debited your card or sent an acknowledgment e-mail.
2.6 The contract will be formed at the place of dispatch of the goods, namely the UK.
2.7 If you decide to register with us to purchase items using Thai Style, you will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account username and password and for preventing unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Please take all necessary steps to ensure that the username and password is kept confidential and secure. Please inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your username and/or password has become known to anyone else, or are being, or are likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner. Please ensure the details you provide us with on registration are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to those details (e.g. change of email or postal address).
2.8 You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
3. Pricing and Payment
3.1 Products are invoiced in GBP sterling at the price prevailing at the time you place your order and are inclusive of delivery fees.
3.2 Although we try to ensure that all prices on the Thai Style Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of items you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible. You will have the option of either reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order in respect of the incorrectly priced item as cancelled.
3.3 Prices displayed on the Thai Style Website apply to online purchases only. They are not indicative of the price of identical items purchased by any other means. We reserve the right to update prices displayed on the Thai Style Website from time to time.
3.4 You may pay for the items which you order online with most major credit cards and debit cards using Paypal. We regret that we cannot accept cheques or cash as payment online.
3.5 When you place your order, our system automatically redirects you to Paypal for authorisation for this amount. If we get a valid authorisation, your card issuer will hold this value expecting a charge from us via Paypal.
3.6 You do not need to have a Paypal account to make a payment via Paypal. Paypal can complete secure payments via debit or credit card and you are subject to their terms and conditions.
3.7 Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any data sent by email. Accordingly, please do not send us payment information via email. For details of the security measures we employ, please read our Privacy Statement.
3.8 Payments made for tuition / services are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
3.9 Thai Style gift certificates can be used to purchase goods online. If the goods purchased online total less than the value of the gift certificate, any balance will remain on the gift certificate and will be redeemable against future orders. Change in the form of currency or credits to credit or debit cards cannot be provided. Gift certificates cannot be exchanged for cash.
4.0 When redeeming gift certificates online, you will be required to enter the voucher number and expiry date into the promotional field located within the booking form. Lost or stolen gift certificates will not be refunded or replaced. Gift certificates will expire on the expiry date set out on the certificate.
4.1 If you return goods purchased with a gift certificate and where a refund is payable, we will issue you a new gift certificate by way of refund.
5.1 If you wish to cancel your booking or order, please contact our operation team by telephone on 07590536569 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday. As we try to process orders immediately, it may not always be possible to prevent an order from being dispatched. If your order has already been dispatched, you may return the items to us in accordance with our Returns Policy. We regret that in the case of food items, we are unable to offer cancellation prior to dispatch.
5.2 If we receive notice of your cancellation in time, prior to despatch and within our refund policy guidelines, we will cancel the order and we will refund any payments made.
Returns and Refunds
6.1 If after a free trial lesson you decide not to continue learning Thai we offer a full refund on enrolment fees as long as the following conditions are met;
- 30 days have not past from the date of your enrolment
- You have not started paid for tuition
- You have not requested access to the next stage of your course
- Unused / re-sellable workbooks have been return to us within 30 days (if applicable)
- We are unable to arrange an alternative teacher to start in person or online (Skype) within 30 days of your enrolment
- Refunds will only be granted after a written request stating the reason why you are requesting a refund has been received via email.
- Tuition fees are non-refundable (bulk buy & pay as you go)
6.1.1 Thai cookery lessons and gift vouchers are non-refundable.
6.2 Please note any postage incurred by returning the item(s) to us will not be refunded nor will the original cost of delivery, unless in the case of damaged, faulty or goods mistakenly shipped. In the case of damaged, faulty or goods mistakenly shipped, a receipt for the return postage should be included within the package for the cost to be refunded.
6.3 All goods ordered online should be returned to the address below:
Thai Style, 14 Brunswick Square, Brighton, Sussex, BN3 1EH
6.4 We recommend using a registered postal service and retaining the proof of postage in case we do not receive the goods. We will not be responsible for returned goods being lost or damaged in transit.
6.5 Until you return items to us you are responsible for their safe keeping and taking reasonable care of them. We do not accept liability for returned packages damaged during transit back to us. It is your responsibility to wrap products adequately to prevent damage. Damaged goods are not available for refunds.
6.6 Refunds will be issued within 30 days of receipt of the item, subject to the item being refundable and our returns policy being met. You will be sent an email confirmation of your refund processed by PayPal. When returning goods on which you have received a discount or special offer, that discount/offer will no longer apply and if you fall below the discount/offer threshold, the refund will be adjusted accordingly. Additionally, any free promotional gift issued with an order must also be returned if you are returning those goods.
6.7 None of the above terms affect your statutory rights when goods are faulty or incorrectly supplied nor does it affect your rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations.
You can contact us: Here
8.1 Thai Style is a directory where Thai cookery, language and massage professionals can base their services and find new clients.
8.2 Thai cookery, language and massage professionals are freelance and arrange experiences directly with clients. Thai Style is not responsible for or an employer of any professional.
8.3 You may access and use the Thai Style website for your personal, non-commercial use. Provided you retain all copyright and proprietary notices, you may:
a) retrieve and display the content of the Jme website on a screen;
b) print copies of the content for your own personal use; and
c) store the content in electronic form (except that you may not store it on any server or other storage device connected to a network).
8.4 You may not use the Thai Style website or its contents:
a) for commercial purposes;
b) for resale purposes including the systematic extraction and/or re-utilisation of any part of the contents of the Thai Style website (e.g. teaching materials, course outlines, descriptions, recipes);
c) to download (other than page caching) or modify the Thai Style website, or any portion of it;
d) to interfere with or disrupt any network or web site connected to this website or gain unauthorised access to other computer systems;
e) to interfere with the enjoyment or use of the website by any other person;
f) for any purpose which is unlawful.
8.5 In addition you may not in relation to this Thai Style website, use any:
a) data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
b) framing techniques to enclose the trade marks, logos and other proprietary images, text layouts and formats which we use on the Thai Style website;
c) meta tags or any other “hidden text” which uses our name or trade marks.
8.6 Using this website does not give you permission to link to it or to use any of the trade marks, designs, get-up and/or logos contained within it.
8.7 We do not represent or warrant that the material contained in the Thai Style website, any of the functions of the Thai Style website and the server will operate without interruption or delay or will be error-free, free from defects, viruses or bugs or compatible with any other software or material. The Thai Style website is provided “as is”. Accessing the Thai Style website is entirely at your own risk.
8.8 You must not transmit through or to the Thai Style website any defamatory, threatening, obscene, distressing, harmful or pornographic material or material which may infringe upon the rights of others (including intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) or which does not comply with all relevant laws
8.9 The Thai Style website and its content including all text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, teaching aids, data compilations and software used in connection with the Thai Style website, is our property or that of our suppliers and is protected copyright, trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights.
8.10 The Thai Style website may include links to third party web sites (“Third Party Site(s)”) from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible for the availability of such Third Party Sites and will not be responsible or liable for any content or services available from such Third Party Sites. You should check the privacy statements and terms and conditions of use of Third Party Sites accessible from this website.
8.11 We or any freelance professional registered with Thai Style will not be responsible for any losses you suffer as a direct result of us breaching these terms and conditions if those losses were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us at the time the contract for the sale of items by us to you was formed (i.e. at the point we send the Despatch Confirmation E-mail to you). We will not be responsible to you or any third party for any business loss (including loss of revenue, profits, contracts, anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, data or goodwill) or any other loss or damage. Freelance professionals on Thai Style directly take responsibility for their own actions and involvement.
8.12 Our liability to you under these terms and conditions will not exceed the total price charged for the items purchased. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes our liability to you for personal injury or death caused by a freelance professional registered with Thai Style or our negligence.
8.13 We or any freelance professional registered with Thai Style will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control.
8.15 If you breach these terms and conditions and we take no action we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach.
8.16 You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of these terms and conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of the Thai Style website, or the use by any other person accessing the Thai Style website using your account and/or your personal information.
8.17 All matters concerning and incidental to any offer or agreement for the purchase and sale of goods from the Thai Style website shall be in English or Thai and construed and governed according to English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in all such matters.
Conditions for Bookings with Thai Style
Bookings and cancellations
1. The majority of cookery lesson bookings can be made on this website up to 7 days before the booking. If you wish to book a lesson with less than 7 days notice, please call for availability.
2. If you need to cancel a lesson, cancellations can be made 3 days in advance of the lesson but a charge may be added for cancellations within 3 days of the booking. We try to avoid a cancellation fee where possible, but this does depend on other bookings, if your teacher had to prepare ingredients and peak times.
3. Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. We cannot refund or rebook any late arrivals.
4. In the event of unforeseen circumstances we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
By booking, you agree that:
1. You will follow all our hygiene and safety procedures. We recommend that you wear practical clothing;
2. You will arrive 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time of your lesson;
3. You will not attend if you have been ill or become ill in the 48 hours before your session with any communicable diseases e.g. colds and flu; diarrhoea, vomiting; and other infections. This is to protect all our customers and staff as these sorts of illnesses can be spread through food.
4. You may be refused admission if we suspect that you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance, are ill with a communicable disease or that you are engaging in inappropriate behavior;
5. You will consume any alcohol offered responsibly;
6. You are responsible for the preparation of the meals, transportation, storage, heating and consumption of the Thai Style meals;
7. You are responsible for the transportation and proper storage and heating of your Thai Style meals;
8. You may be photographed and/or filmed during your lesson and that Thai Style may use your name and any photographs and/or recordings featuring you, and may cut, edit and adapt the same as necessary, for use in the Thai Style website, for promotional uses, by means of any and all media, worldwide and in perpetuity;
9. You release us from all claims, damages and causes of action or liabilities which may arise as a result of your preparation, storage and consumption of Thai Style meals;
10. Without exception, you will indemnify and hold us and our employees harmless from all responsibility for any loss of personal property whilst at the lesson or for any injuries or damages you sustain or, that anyone affiliated with or connected with you in any way may sustain, in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your preparation of the Thai meals, save where such injuries or damages arise as a result of our negligence; and
11. Our liability to you shall not exceed the total price charged for any sessions/classes booked. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes our liability to you for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
12. Thai Style takes no responsibility for bookings, mis-communication, cancellations or no shows.
13. Teachers are individually responsible for contacting and confirming all necessary arrangements for your experience.
14. Teachers can choose to join Thai Style, work and leave at anytime they choose. Thai Style will try to find a cover teachers if necessary but cannot guarantee cover can be found.
15. Thai Style and registered professionals guide to help you learn. Your own efforts will be required if you are to gain anything from our services.
Kids between the ages of 10 – 16 years of age may only attend ‘Kids’ lessons with a parent or guardian. They must be able to reach and work at the height of a standard kitchen surface (900mm) to participate, as well as be supervised by an adult at all times. All children aged 16 years and over are able to attend a lesson, and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Ingredients may have been manufactured on shared equipment with wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, fish, soya and shell fish and other allergens. Please call the teacher for help with any food allergies. You agree to take into account the dietary restrictions of anyone who may consume meals by leaving out any foods that may cause harm to the people who will be eating the food you prepare.
How do I use a promotion code or gift voucher
If you have received a promotional code or gift voucher, it may be applied to the purchase through the booking form on the Thai Style website. Enter your promotional code or gift voucher code. The relevant amount will then be deducted from your total and we will send you a payment request via Paypal for any outstanding balance.
Will I receive an order acknowledgement email after purchasing online?
You will receive a booking request email as soon as you have requested a booking or purchased a gift voucher. If you do not receive this email within two hours, please contact email@example.com, so that we may confirm whether your request or order has been placed successfully. Please note that this email does not constitute either a confirmation of the booking or order by us. Your teacher will confirm booking in person via email or telephone. Your booking or order will not be completed until your teacher sends you an email notifying you that your booking or order have been successfully placed.
My credit card number is not being accepted
Check that you have entered your number without any spaces and check that you haven’t mis-typed any of your other card details. If you are still experiencing difficulty, please call 07590536569. All secure payments are completed via Paypal and Thai Style does not process payment. Paypal accepts payments with most debit and credit cards and you do not require a Paypal account to complete a payment online via Paypal.
Gift Voucher Redemption Terms and Conditions
1. When purchasing a gift voucher, you will receive confirmation of this purchase within 5 days of placing the order. If you do not receive this confirmation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The gift voucher will be delivered to the receiver via email or post within 7 days. If you do not receive the gift voucher within this time, please email us at email@example.com
3. The gift voucher will expire 6 months from the date of purchase.
4. The gift voucher is only valid for Thai Style cooking lessons which are booked online.
5. The gift voucher may not be exchanged for cash and no cash change will be provided. If the Thai Style lesson purchased totals less than the value of the gift voucher amount, any balance will remain on the gift voucher and will be redeemable against future bookings. Change in the form of currency or credit or debit cards cannot be provided.
6. Thai Style cannot accept responsibility for lost vouchers.
7. When redeeming the gift voucher enter the gift voucher code into the booking form with the expiry date.
Promotions and offers
1. All offers and promotions are subject to availability and Thai Style reserves the right to cancel offers or promotions at any time.